WEBSITE: WWW.NATALIEANNPHOTOGRAPHY.COM.AU CONNECT: FACEBOOK CONTACT: INFO@NATALIEANNPHOTOGRAPHY.COM.AU

November 29, 2010

Fairy Lights & Pretty Dresses


If you are holding a party, please don’t do what I did and put it aside until the last minute. To help get organised I’ve found this checklist from eventplanner.com. It's very helpful and has helped me to get my mind in check. After 3 years in the event industry you’d think I’d know better, but when constantly organising everybody else’s functions it becomes too tiring to organise your own. Link:  Event Checklist

When organising a themed event I always source inspiration from the internet – this time for our Venetian Masked Ball I was very inspired by the Avon add below. So much so, that although I had already purchased a dress to go with my mask I couldn’t get the vibrant blue one out of my head as much as I tried, and so ‘just looking’ in the Sana store the shop assistant pulled out the perfect blue dress I was dreaming about. With it being the last one in my size, well, it was meant to be. Go electric blue for this summer!!




Part of my main decorations for the party is lights, lots and lots of fairy lights, candles, floating pool candle lanterns, and draped material down the stair banisters. So my self portrait for this week, I’ve made use of some of the hundreds of fairy lights we now have. No flash, just shot in the dark with a little natural light. a low shutter speed and high ISO. I know it's been done before but there is something so magical about fairy lights. I tried two different styles, one more fairy like and one that has a more dark mood to it. I couldn't decide so put them both up.