WEBSITE: WWW.NATALIEANNPHOTOGRAPHY.COM.AU CONNECT: FACEBOOK CONTACT: INFO@NATALIEANNPHOTOGRAPHY.COM.AU

December 9, 2010

Burlesque

Last night was my first burlesque performance. I use to dance and perform 6 years ago and I am so happy to have gotten back into something I enjoy.

I decided to give burlesque a go for something different. For those of you that don't know, burlesque was a rich source of music and comedy that kept American audiences laughing from 1840 through to the 1960s. Although it has since been associated with a 'strip tease', the key word being tease, they  generally never actually show off the goodies. If they do come close, they will use tassels or something alike. It is also generally incorporated into a funny sexy little act.

My classes don't consist of anything like that, and is more based on the style of dance and cheeky behaviour, providing the audience with some vintage glamour. I have been to see professional burlesque shows. It is so much fun for men and women alike and very entertaining!


Our performance was very exciting and very theatrical. It is the best feeling to pull off a fantastic show and hear the crowd applaud after the girls and I had put in so much commitment. The build up of make-up, hair, costumes and getting excited together with friends is just another aspect of the fun involved. With a break over Christmas, I can't wait to see what we will be doing next year. I think for the next boudoir shoot I do for a client I will incorporate some burlesque glamour!