WEBSITE: WWW.NATALIEANNPHOTOGRAPHY.COM.AU CONNECT: FACEBOOK CONTACT: INFO@NATALIEANNPHOTOGRAPHY.COM.AU

January 17, 2012

An overdue creative outlet.


I recently purchased my new favourite equipment; Profoto lights with a 5ft Octa soft box!

I'm using it for a shoot on Thursday but I just wanted to practice using the new gear first. So while I was lying awake in bed with ideas at 6am this morning, I decided I'm well over due for a creative self portrait.

In keeping with the Portrait Couture style photography, I used natural back lighting and then the Octa as a fill light, which felt, and looked just like window light.

I took the Portrait Couture style a bit further and gave it an Edwardian feel by adding texture and putting on whatever I could find from the photo shoot wardrobe. This consisted of; a dress, tutu, a skirt over the tutu, a mask and layering many necklaces. In real life this outfit looked extremely ridiculous on me.

I have no idea how I managed to do my hair. I pretty much rolled out of bed, left it messy and pinned it like a bow at the front of my head. Anyway the results are as you see :) xx

 And... since all my clients are doing it for me, I must do one too. A before and after.
The Octa :)