WEBSITE: WWW.NATALIEANNPHOTOGRAPHY.COM.AU CONNECT: FACEBOOK CONTACT: INFO@NATALIEANNPHOTOGRAPHY.COM.AU

May 30, 2012

Feels goood to stretch my creative brain.

I set out to do a painting style effect as I had with the image below. This was my first attempt, which inspired me to want to do the same thing but with a 'nude' shot.

I had the most lovely client, who patiently waited while I got the lighting right and posed her body. I had never done a 'nude' impression photograph before and I wanted to make sure the body was placed in exactly the right way, showing of gorgeous curves and a hint of expression through the eyes.  


After the shoot I went to edit in the 'painting' style I had originally planned, but looking at the colours and the slight vintage pop art and pin up girl feel it had, I decided to just play on that. I also think that with the antique chair, and draped material I used, it sort of looked like a modern 1920's nude image.

Well there you have it; a vintage, pop art, pin up girl, 1920's look in colour above, and black and white below. Haha, not sure if having all those genre mixed together is even possible... I'm sure well educated artists are shaking their heads at me.